Summer Internship - Mental Health Startup [UX / Behavioral & Cognitive Science background]
Today, more people die from suicide than from war, crime and terrorism combined.
Our mission is to develop new ways to combat mental health issues with science and technology.
Our first product, Flow, is a medication-free treatment for depression, the leading cause of disability in the world. It combines a brain stimulation headset and an app-based therapy program to create a new effective, safe, and affordable way to treat depression at home.
Our team consists of neuroscientists, psychologists, animators, senior game developers and top management consultants.
Role & Responsibilities
We are now looking for a passionate intern to work on Flow’s mission together. Your role will be cross-functional, with the opportunity to work at the intersection of business and technology.
The ideal duration of the internship is 2 months at the minimum.
Your responsibilities would include (subject to change based on firm wide priorities):
Project #1: Customer Insights & Flow Product Improvement
- Participate in interviews of Flow users (tDCS headset, virtual behavior therapy app)
- Source leads for interviews with potential business partners
- Synthesize and communicate user feedback and ideas for improvements to the product development and business teams
Project #2: Flow partnership for B2B sales
- Help identify potential sales partners - mental health clinics, healthcare professionals, distributors, etc. - in key markets across the EU and global market
- Support the development of outreach materials to potential partners
- Conduct desktop research on partnership models used by innovative healthcare startups
Depending on your responsibilities, you will report directly to the CTO or Manager, Business Operations & Strategy, or both.
The position is based in Malmö, Sweden. Several members in the team work remotely from time to time.
What we are looking for (preferred, not mandatory)
- Strong passion in mental health and improving patient outcomes
- Experience in UX/UI, behavioral science and/or business & marketing
- Intellectual curiosity, empathy, and drive to solve hard problems
- Highly structured, data-driven problem solver
- Comfortable making decisions amidst ambiguity, strong bias for action
- Professional proficiency in English (required) and Swedish (preferred)
Last but not least.
This position is for you, if you:
- Excited to bring a new treatment to the world to a disease that affects 300M people worldwide.
- Want to work in the intersection of medical technology, digital health, hardware, psychology and artificial intelligence.
- Have a strong passion and integrity for what you do and want to challenge the way we treat mental health problems today.
- Want to be part of a startup with truly global potential and ambitions, and take part in shaping the culture and future of the company.
If you have a great profile and are passionate about how to tackle mental health issues with tech we can offer you:
- A stipend to cover transportation to/from the office (for those in the greater Malmo region)
- Mentorship from across Tech & Business experts
- Extremely committed co-workers
- A chance to work with a truly unique product with the potential to change millions of lives for the better
- Access to an amazing network within science (the first and foremost researchers in brain stimulation are on our medical advisory board), finance (Silicon Valley based Khosla Ventures is our lead investor), the hardware startup scene (we are both HAX alumni (http://hax.co/) and members of the Hardware club (https://hardwareclub.co/)), PR (we work together with a passionate PR firm with experience from healthcare products, based in London)
Recent media coverage: