Communication and PR manager - Mental health startup
Today, more people die from suicide than from war, crime and terrorism combined.
Our mission is to develop new ways to combat mental health issues with science and technology.
Our first product is a medication-free treatment for depression, the leading cause of disability in the world. It combines a brain stimulation wearable and an app-based therapy program to create a new effective, safe, and affordable way to treat depression, at home.
We are now looking for a Communications and PR manager.
This position is for you, if you:
- want to bring a new treatment to the world to a disease that affects 300M people worldwide.
- want to work in the intersection of medtech, digital health, hardware, psychology and artificial intelligence.
- be one of the first employees in a startup with truly global potential and ambitions, and be part of shaping the culture and future of the company.
- have a strong passion and integrity for what you do and want to challenge the way we treat mental health problems today.
The purpose with this position is to contribute to the positioning of the Flow Neuroscience brand as unique, meaningful and trusted and the preferred choice in treatments for mental health. You will ensure professional media & customer & influencer relations with effective and engaging PR communication, supporting Flow and the market’s commercial agenda & priorities.
- contribute to the development and delivery of the market communication projects & media relations agenda
- be in close collaboration and alignment with our current PR firm, securing the planning, execution and optimizing of the PR strategy
- monitor and analyse media, digital communication channels and social media to measure results as well as identify proactive opportunities and potential risk issues
- enable effective internal communication and assist in the creation of prerequisites for our leaders and co-workers to be our best ambassadors
- define, plan, create/execute and follow up on commercial PR communication
- be responsible for providing support and direction for communication around commercial events
- actively encourage improvement of content creation, based on trends in communication and the latest developments within PR
If you have a good profile and are passionate about how to tackle mental health issues with tech we can offer you:
- Extremely committed co-workers
- A chance to work with a truly unique product with the potential to change millions of lives to the better
- A competitive salary that will grow with the success of the company
- A generous options package
- Access to an amazing network within science (the first and foremost researchers in brain stimulation are on our medical advisory board), finance (Khosla Ventures is our lead investor), the hardware startup scene (we are both HAX alumni (http://hax.co/) and members of the Hardware club (https://hardwareclub.co/)), PR (we work together with a passionate PR firm with experience from healthcare products, based in London)
Skills and experiences we are looking for
We are interested in applications from you if you:
- have at least 5 years of experience
- have worked within the healthcare space (pharmaceuticals, medical technology, healthcare services etc)
- are a highly motivated and engaging communications professional
- are a skilled and creative writer and editor of written and visual material both on and offline
- a seasoned user and creator of social media, web and digital content for specific audiences
- Your own drive is often larger than what other people expect from you.
Desired personal qualities:
- Intellectual breadth
- Ability to admit when wrong
- Ability to work in a diverse team
- Sense of humor
- Emotional openness
The position is based in Malmö, Sweden. Several members in the team work remotely for time to time.
Very good English skills are required (Swedish is not required). Native english speakers with an experience from the UK market will be prioritised.