Today, more people die from suicide than from war, crime and terrorism combined.
We are on a mission to develop new ways to combat mental health issues with science and technology. Our first product, Flow, is a medication-free treatment for depression, the leading cause of disability in the world. It combines a brain stimulation wearable and an app-based therapy program to create a new effective, safe, and affordable way to treat depression, at home.
We are now looking for a Data Engineer to join our team.
This position is for you if you:
- have a passionate interest in data and analytics.
- want to bring a new treatment to the world to a disease that affects 300M people worldwide.
- want to work in the intersection of medical technology, digital health, hardware, psychology, and artificial intelligence.
- have a strong passion and integrity for what you do and want to challenge the way we treat mental health problems today.
- be one an early employee in a startup with truly global potential and ambitions, and be a part of shaping the culture and future of the company.
Data science and engineering are still in their infancy at Flow. This position is a great opportunity to architect and build something from the ground up, enabling us to improve the understanding of our users and help both drive the business, and scientific progress in the field of electric brain stimulation and mental health treatment in general.
We are looking for candidates with the following background:
At least 3 years of experience working with data engineering, have been working with these technologies:
- Building data infrastructure
- Python & SQL
- API & Backend development
- Data visualization and building dashboards
- Cloud solutions (AWS, GCP, Heroku)
- Testing and CI/CD
It is a bonus if you have experience in the following area:
- Product analytics and visualization tools like Mixpanel, Amplitude, Tableau, Grafana and/or Segment
- Django & PostgreSQL
- Machine learning
- Data Science & Statistical testing
- Analysis of clinical trial data
If you have a good profile and are passionate about how to tackle mental health issues with tech we can offer you:
- Extremely committed co-workers
- A chance to work with a truly unique product with the potential to change millions of lives for the better
- A competitive compensation package that will grow with the success of the company
- Ability to work remotely
Desired personal qualities:
- Intellectual breadth
- Ability to admit when wrong
- Ability to work in a diverse team
- Sense of humor
- Emotional openness
The position is based in our offices in Malmö, Sweden, or Berlin, Germany. We are also open to remote candidates.
Recent media coverage: