Today, more people die from suicide than from war, terrorism and crime combined.
This position is for you, if you:
- want to bring a new treatment to the world to a disease that affects 350M people worldwide.
- want to work in the intersection of medtech, digital health, hardware, psychology and artificial intelligence.
- be one of the early employees in a startup with truly global presence and be part of shaping the culture and future of the company.
- have a strong passion and integrity for what you do and wanna challenge the way we treat mental health problems today.
Our mission is to develop new ways to combat mental health illnesses with science and technology.
The first product is a medication-free treatment for depression, the leading cause of disability in the world. It combines a brain stimulation wearable and an app-based therapy program to create a new effective, safe, and affordable way to treat depression, at home.
You will primarily work to
- Prepare, maintain and analyse financial and operational data
- Prepare and maintain a corporate financial model that details the entire company’s operations and projects future performance
- Model, evaluate, and analyse new projects and investment opportunities
- Identify and analyse potential acquisition targets
- Develop and analyse internal reports by collecting, analysing, formatting and presenting information
- Ad-hoc analysis for executives and other departments within the organisation as required
- You independently manage the financial processes and work with ongoing follow-ups and analyses.
More specifically your tasks will be:
- Monthly and annual accounts for the Swedish AB
- Reporting and ongoing communication regarding US based parent company
- Preparing financial reports to the quarterly board meetings
- Closely work with the CEO to develop KPIs
- Drive and further develop the financial processes (budget and forecast)
- Internal control and some responsibility for cash flow and treasury
- Ongoing contact with our auditors
- Perform relevant business control activities by being close to the business. Participate in the sales quotation process, hands- on business control over production and technology activities
About the role
You need to be unpretentious and see it as natural to help where needed, both high and low. You are also expected to be involved and provide input on issues concerning both digital development and the business as a whole.
Skills regarding scripting, automation and experience with various digital tools for creating automated flows and integrations will be important in the how we rate the candidates.
If you have a good profile and are passionate about how to tackle mental health issues with tech we can offer you:
- Truly meaningful work
- A high pace environment fuelled by international venture capital (Khosla Ventures in SF is the main investor)
- Extremely committed co-workers
- A competitive salary that will grow with the success of the company
Who are you?
You have a strong drive to lead and take own initiatives. You see things that need to be done before they have even occurred. If you also are an out-of-the-box thinker and like to combine that with different future strategies, then you will be a perfect fit!
You probably have
- A bachelor degree in Finance and Accounting
- 2+ years of work experience in Accounting
- A pro-active, self-going and detailed oriented personality
Your own drive is often larger than what other people expect from you. You are definitely meticulous and precise in your work.
Desired personal qualities:
- Intellectual breadth
- Ability to admit when wrong
- Ability to work in a diverse team
- Sense of humor
- Emotional openness
The position is based in Malmö, Sweden.
Very good English skills are required (Swedish is not required).