Electronics Design Engineer - Neurotech startup
Today, more people die from suicide than from war, crime and terrorism combined.
Our mission is to develop new ways to combat mental health issues with science and technology.
Our first product, Flow, is a medication-free treatment for depression, the leading cause of disability in the world. It combines a brain stimulation wearable and an app-based therapy program to create a new effective, safe, and affordable way to treat depression, at home.
We are now looking for a PCB design engineer to join our team in Malmö, Sweden.
This position is for you if you:
- have a passionate interest in brains, brain-computer interfaces, and neurotech.
- want to bring a new treatment to the world to a disease that affects 300M people worldwide.
- want to work in the intersection of medical technology, digital health, hardware, psychology, and artificial intelligence.
- have a strong passion and integrity for what you do and want to challenge the way we treat mental health problems today.
- be one an early employee in a startup with truly global potential and ambitions, and be a part of shaping the culture and future of the company.
We are looking for candidates with the following background:
- B.Sc or M.Sc in Electrical Engineer or similar
- Component selection, schematic capture & PCB design, focusing on DFM
- Simulation, verification, and test systems (LTspice or similar)
- Curious about new technology and comfortable with mixing digital and analog
- Digital and analog construction with RF up to 2.4 GHz
- Embedded programming in C
It is a bonus if you have experience in the following area:
- Developing wearables and/or medical devices
- eCAD in Altium Designer
- Basic mCAD for prototyping and fixtures, 3D printing
- The IEC 60601 standards and medical device certification
- High-level development in Python, C#, or JS
- Design of tES, TMS, EEG, or other BCI systems
The purpose of this position is to lead the development of the next generation of our electronics platform for our transcranial electric stimulation (tES) treatments.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- PCB design for products and test systems
- Firmware development
- Maintain technical documentation and ensure compliance with medical device standards and regulations.
If you have a good profile and are passionate about how to tackle mental health issues with tech we can offer you:
- Extremely committed co-workers
- A chance to work with a truly unique product with the potential to change millions of lives for the better
- A competitive compensation package that will grow with the success of the company
Desired personal qualities:
- Intellectual breadth
- Ability to admit when wrong
- Ability to work in a diverse team
- Sense of humor
- Emotional openness
The position is based in Malmö, Sweden.
Recent media coverage: